1. You will never worry about lost luggage. Airline statistics tell us they lose one out of every one hundred pieces of checked luggage. Don’t become a statistic!
2. You will never have to worry about late luggage. Again, airline statistics tell us three bags out of every one hundred pieces checked are late. So, if you check your luggage you might not be leaving the airport with your baggage.
3. It seems every few months there is a new television documentary with a hidden camera showing us airline personal rifling through baggage. If you carry-on your luggage you won’t have to worry about stolen goods.
4. You won’t have to worry about your luggage getting beaten up by the airline luggage “mis-handlers”. There are no statistics available, but we all know how airline personal and today’s automated luggage handling systems trash baggage.
5. You will be the first in and the first out of the custom’s line at international airports.
6. Imagine being in your hotel room while checking passengers are still hoping and praying their bags will come off the carousel.
7. If you are in Frankfurt tonight, and have to be in Paris by tomorrow, but your baggage is nowhere to be found you have a problem.
8. The $150.00 stipend the airlines might give you for clothing in your missing luggage will barely buy you a pair of pants and a T-shirt in Vienna.
9. If your business meeting starts at 8:00 a.m. the next morning and your suit is in your lost luggage it is difficult to give much of an impression during your presentation in those jeans you wore on the plane last night.
10. Most importantly, you will travel lighter throughout your journey free of unwanted mental and physical baggage.
Hey! My name is Karen Lyons and I’m an occasional traveler from the U.S. Aside from traveling, I enjoy running – sometimes hiking, reading books when I feel like it, and watching movies from time to time. Did I mention that I’m the one behind this site? After clearing that, this will be the place where I share my love for travel along with other contributors.